- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 250g fresh egg tagliatelle
- 1 x 200g jar Ocean Crown Cooked & Pickled Mussels
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 100ml single cream
- 75g pecorino cheese, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Tagliatelle with Mussels and Cream Sauce
Put the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the salad onions for 5 minutes until softened.
Meanwhile cooked the pasta in boiling salted water for 2 minutes less than the packet instructions. Retain 4 tbsp of the cooking water and then drain and set aside.
Drain the mussels, retaining 2 tbsp of the juice.
Add the garlic to the onions and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the cream, mussels, cheese and add the mussel juice and reserved pasta water. Stir until smooth and season with black pepper.
Bring to the boil, stir in the cooked pasta and heat through for 30 seconds.
Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley.