- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 50g Bacon, finely diced
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Stick of Celery, finely chopped
- 2 Kernels from 2 Ears of Sweetcorn (or 300g Can of Sweetcorn, drained)
- 1 Medium Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Litre of Fish Stock
- 1 x 200g Jar Ocean Crown Cooked & Pickled Cockles, drained
- 1 x 200g Jar Ocean Crown Cooked & Pickled Mussels, drained
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Single Cream
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, to serve
Shellfish and Corn Chowder
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and lightly cook the bacon, onion and celery for 5 minutes without browning, stirring from time to time.
Add the potato, corn and stock and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potato is soft.
Remove half the soup from the pan and blitz in a food processor until smooth. Return the blitzed soup to the pan.
Add the cockles and mussels and heat through gently for 1-3 minutes. Season to taste.
Stir in the cream and serve immediately garnished with lots of chopped fresh parsley.