- 1 x 23cm shortcrust pastry case
- 250g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 courgette, halved lengthways and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ bulb fennel, trimmed and finely sliced
- Handful of fresh watercress
- Sprig each of fresh basil, parsley & mint, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 x 200g jar Ocean Crown Cooked & Pickled Mussels, drained
- 150g quark
- 4 eggs
- 125g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
New Potato, Courgette & Mussel Tart
Preheat the oven to 180°C and blind bake the pastry case for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the filling: Boil the new potatoes and finely slice. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, courgette, spring onions and fennel and cook over a medium heat until the courgette starts to colour. Remove from the heat and stir in the watercress, herbs and lemon juice. Season well.
Whisk the quark, eggs and lemon zest together until smooth. Stir in the grated cheese. Season to taste.
Spread a thin layer of the egg mix over the pastry case, followed by a layer of potatoes and half the mussels. Top with half the courgette mixture.
Cover with the remaining egg mixture and mussels. Top this with the remaining potatoes and finally the courgette mixture.
Turn the oven down to 160°C and bake the tart for 45-50 minutes until browned and just set.
Serve warm or cold with salad.