- 25g butter
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 25g plain flour
- 4 tbsp white vermouth or white wine
- 300ml crème fraiche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g cod, skinned at cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 x 200g Jars Ocean Crown Cooked & Pickled Mussels, drained
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into 8
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pack – ready made puff pastry
- Egg wash, to glaze
Mussel Pie with Leeks
Melt the butter in a pan and cook the leeks over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add the flour and stir through for 30 seconds.
Pour the vermouth into the pan and stir until absorbed. Then add the crème fraiche and stir until smooth. Season to taste.
Cook the sauce for a couple of minutes stirring from time to time to stop it sticking before removing from the heat and adding the cod, mussels, eggs and parsley.
Leave to cool.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
Cut a lid from the puff pastry to fit a pie dish.
Spoon the cooled filling into the dish. Brush the rim of the dish with egg wash and place the pastry on top. Crimp the edges to seal and glaze the top with egg wash.
Bake the pie for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.