- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Stick of Celery
- 15g Dried Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 300g Abborio Rice
- ½ Glass White Wine
- 1 litre Boiling Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 50g Butter
- 200g Mushrooms
- 1 Clove of Garlic, crushed
- 1 x 200g Jar Ocean Crown Cooked & Pickled Cockles, drained
- 1 x 200g Jar Ocean Crown Cooked & Pickled Mussels, drained
- 3 tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
Mushroom & Shellfish Risotto
Put the onion, celery and dried mushrooms in a food processor and chop finely.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and stir fry the chopped vegetables stirring from time to time for about 5 minutes over a medium heat.
Add the rice and the wine. Stir until the wine has been absorbed. Season well.
Continue to cook the rice adding more boiling stock as you go and stirring until the rice is al dente and the risotto is the consistency of porridge – about 15-18 minutes.
Five minutes before the risotto is cooked, finely slice the mushrooms. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the mushrooms and garlic, cook over a low heat until soft. Stir in the shellfish and heat through with the mushrooms.
Taste the risotto and adjust the seasoning if required. Serve topped with the mushrooms and shellfish and sprinkle with the parsley.